Our new Model LFS104AW wireless WiFi weather station can easily be setup to send sensor data directly to cloud. Here are the steps:
- You need to create an account with ThingSpeak.com. The account is free. ThingSpeak is an IoT platform to collect data to cloud, analyze the data, and react to the data.
- Create a new Private Channel. Fill in the channel settings as shown in Figure 1.
- Go to API keys tab and look for “Write API Key”. Copy the API key code.
- Open our PC app. Go to Settings menu and click on "Read/Configure WiFi Module" button to open its window - See Figure 2.
- If the WiFi Module is not yet connected to the local WiFi network, you need to scan/select the WiFi network, add the security Password and connect to the network.
- Check off the “Send Data to the Cloud - IoT” checkbox and enter (Paste) the API key code from the ThingSpeak site in the text box.
- Select the Data sample rate to the cloud.
- Click “Update WiFi Configuration” button. You will see a windows popup “WiFi Module updated!” to confirm. Close all the windows and exit the PC app.
Congratulations, your device is now ready to send sensor data to the cloud. Just power the device using a USB charger or from the USB port of your PC.
Figure 3 shows a typical sensor data plot on ThingSpeak. You can download the saved data in a CSV format by going to the Data Import/Export tab of ThingSpeak menu and Export (Download) the data.
Figure 1 - ThingSpeak Channel Settings menu
Figure 2 - Read/Configure WiFi Module
Figure 3 - Typical ThingSpeak sensor data plots